Fiberglass Stop Logs
Plasti-Fab Heavy Duty Fiberglass Stop Logs have been used successfully by engineers in a wide range of applications for over 40 years. Stop logs are in service throughout the United States and overseas in wastewater treatment plants, water treatment plants, fish hatcheries, and composting facilities. They are used for decanting in sludge drying beds, lagoon control, flood control, diversion and temporary installation for maintenance shut down.
Plasti-Fab Heavy Duty Stop Logs feature a unique seamless construction that fully surrounds an internal structural skeleton. This means that there are no seams, glued joints or cracks in the outer skin that can allow seepage to penetrate into the interior steel support structure. Wooden stop logs were used before our grand-fathers were born, why not today? Wood swells as it takes on moisture, and the ends are easily damaged. Most of all, wooden stop logs are generally made from old growth redwood or Cyprus which is a diminishing resource. Metal logs (stainless steel or aluminum) tend to be removed from the storage location when not in use due to the high recycle value. The fiberglass composite stop logs are the perfect alternative to wood and metal logs for a long-term solution.
- Maximum leakage of less than 0.03 GPM per foot of wetted seal when installed in Plasti- Fab guide frames.
- Available in sizes in excess of 20 feet wide. All logs are designed to match the application, limiting deflection based on width and head.
- Engineered for Plasti-Fab guide frames or for use with existing guide structures
- Dual neoprene or EPDM bottom seals on logs.
- Side lip seals affixed to Plasti-Fab fiberglass copolymer logs . With seals on the log rather than in the guide, if seals ever need repair or replacement it can be done in a controlled environment without bypass pumping and/or draining and drying the water channel to access seals in the guide.
- Stop log sets available with varying log heights within the set.
- Lifting pins assembly passes through entire thickness of log completely FRP encapsulated for full lifting capacity.
- Low theft concern with FRP stop logs as opposed to aluminum stop logs and stainless stop logs.
- Stop log skin can be supplied as Polyester, Vinylester, fire retardant.
- Guide frames can be supplied in T-304L or T-316L stainless steel or fiberglass reinforced polyester or Vinylester.
- Guide frames can be embedded (poured in place or grouted into a block out), surface mounted on a wall, or in-channel surface mounted in existing channels
- Lifting equipment is available from automatic latching lifting beams to lifting poles for manual operation.
- Storage racks are available in several configurations and are designed for the available space and operation.